Pages

Sunday 9 April 2017

Assessment

Although assessments are fundamental to my teaching practice and students learning, I find it hard to put forward my best teaching during this busy time. Time management and routines help to keep classroom management settled.

Communicating this to colleague, she was able to give me some tips/advice for this aspect of my teaching practice. One big part of her advice was to not let the idea of assessment overwhelm me, introducing strategies to make this easier for me:

  • Must do, Can do bookmark for individual/buddy work.
  • Teacher's released during feed and read.
  • Essential spelling lists - gluing a copy of marked test in the back of their writing book. Then it is right at their fingertips they can tick the words they are fluently using them in their writing.  
  • Have a rotation of which learners you are going to focus on during the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment